Friday, March 7, 2008

Finally another post.

Well I have finally got around to doing another post, so much for good intentions of posting every week, although I do have some good excuses. We have gone through 2 monitors in the last few weeks and of couse the constant battle with my husband and son for computer time. I really do need to work on getting my own computer but I will have to wait a few months for that as other things take priority such as going to Brisbane in April.

Although I haven't posted I have been busy creating. I have quite a few birthdays coming up so thought I would get a head start. I have had a great time playing with the Sale a bration sets especially Birthday whimsey which I can see is going to become a favourite. The only probem I had was getting away from using pink/chocolate as they look great with loves me designer paper from the summer mini catalogue. Here are three cards I made using a combination of pink/ chocolate and the loves me designer paper. The pink used is regal rose. The card on the left with the pink birthday I cased from Ailsa Tilsner's blog I loved the colours and the use of the patterned paper and the layout.




This card is one I made for my friend Sara a fellow demonstrator. Her birthday was a wee while ago but as I haven't done a post in ages I hadn't put it on. I wanted to have a play with the Time well spent stamp set. This is a set which will be in the 2008/2009 catalogue as a level 3 hostess set. All demonstrators were given this set as a gift last year. As with the above set the pink/chocolate theme is going on. I used chocolate card, with pretty pink layer. Then stamped in whisper white. The happy joyful birthday is from the small sayings stamp set which is in the summer mini catalogue.


The next card is a sneak peak at my swap card for my montly meeting. We have not got together for a few months so it will be good to catch up. Every month we do a swap based on a particular theme this time the theme is using the Time well spent stamp set. As I have a particular fondness for chocolate chip and any of the pinks I made a real effort to keep away from them. I have used marigold morning one of the 07 incolors which is a colour I have not used a lot and of course now that it has grown on me will no be april to get it after April. Oh well thems the breaks. The colours I have used for this card are rose red,old olive, marigold morning. Stamp sets are time well spent and small sayings.



I am looking forward to receiving swaps as we all have such different styles and it is great to see all the different ideas. Well I am going to finish there tonight. Karen you will be proud of me, I did my post like I said I would. Although I really think I need a tutorial from you as I had great trouble getting the photos in the right place. My darling husband has been very patient with me as I had to call him down every so often to help me out. As I told him once I figure it all out I will be fine. Hope to do some more posting 2morow.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...