Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Friday

Happy Friday everyone. Friday is always my main posting day. It is the one night of the week I get the computer to myself for the whole evening. Today I have been at home again with my daughter. There is a stomach bug going around and both Caitlin and I are feeling not so great. I find I don't get a lot of time to create these days so today as been great. I have had a great play with my new sets. I am just in love with brocade basics, baroque motifs and garden whimsey. It funny but six years ago when I started stamping I would never have thought to use sets like brocade basics and baroque motifs they were just not my style. I think the more you stamp the more you grow and explore different styles and techniques. The next two cards use baroque motif. I am also just loving the new in colors. They go really well with the designer series papers and all of the existing colour ranges.





Supplies


stamp set: Baroque motifs


card/ink: wild wasabi, soft sky, designer series paper spring silhouette, very vanilla


Accessories: scallop punch







Supplies


stamp set: baroque motif


card/ink: purely pomergrante, always artichoke, very vanilla


Accessories: brads, photo corner punch








Supplies


stamp set: baroque motif


card/ink: bashful blue, whisper white


accessories: ribbon, photo corner punch, rhinestone brad from pretties kit




I was really happy with how this next card turned out. I usually use soft pastel colours so I have gone outside my comfort zone with this colour combination. The blue bayou and always artichoke look fabulous together, I can see this is going to be a favourite for the masculine cards I have to make. I really like the result . There is also quite a lot of sponging on this card, which is definitely something I have picked up from my upline Jacque. I never used to sponge anything until I met Jacque, I like the how it softens the look of the colours. All layers have been sponged with chocolate chip including the twill tape.




supplies


stamp sets: brocade basics, warm words


card/ink: always artichoke, blue bayou, chocolate chip, soft sky, very vanilla


accessories: large oval punch, small oval punch, photo corner punch, twill tape, brads







supplies


stamp set: brocade basics, warm words


card/ink: pumpkin pie, river rock, wild wasabi


Accessories: twill tape, small oval punch, large oval punch





The other new set I received in my order is garden whimsey. I have loved this set since I first saw it in the American catalogue. I am soo pleased that we have it in our new catalogue. In this first card I have used both garden whimsey and baroque motifs.





supplies


stamp set: garden whimsey, baroque motifs


card/ink: bashful blue, purely pomegrante, wild wasabi, very vanilla


Accessories: photo corner punch





I thought the next four cards would made a nice gift set. I am going to make an origami box for them tonight, I will post the box tomorrow. The size I have used it 10.5x 10.5cm. I used this size because then I can still use standard size envelopes as it is difficult to find square envelopes and I am not great at making my own, so if anyone has a good template I would love to have a look at it.





Supplies


card/ink: wild wasabi, purely pomegrante, chocolate chip


accessories: celery ribbon, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch








supplies


card/ink: purely pomegrante, soft sky, wild wasabi, whisper white


accessories: corner rounder punch, black brads






supplies


card/ink: wild wasabi, soft ski, blue bayou, whisper white, designer series paper spring break


accessories: 1 1/4 " circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch








supplies


card/ink: regal rose, soft sky, chocolate chip, whisper white, designer series paper from mini catalogue


accessories: white ribbon, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch

1 comment:

kareN stampZ said...

wow you have been busy& I agree Blue Bayou looks fantastic with Always Artichoke.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...