Saturday, August 23, 2008

Watercolouring

Hi Everyone, Hope your having a nice Saturday. This afternoon I had a chance to have another play with some new stamps from the spring mini catalogue. When I first saw the bloomin with beauty set, I did not like it very much, not really my style. But during some recent blog surfing I have seen some beautiful cards using this set. Another thing I have never tried is the Stampin' Up! watercolor paper. To be perfectly honest I really didn't think it would make that much difference to the watercoloring. I ordered some to give it a go. This afternoon I tried it out. I stamped the 2 flower images from bloomin with beauty, one on the watercolour paper and the other on whisper white. I used the same colours on both. I have to admit I am converted. I couldn't believe the difference, the images stamped on the watercolour paper were brighter and more vibrant. Here are the stamped images



The image on the left is stamped on watercolour paper, the image on the right on whisper white.



Again the image on the left is stamped on watercolor paper.

Here are the two completed cards. What do you think.



Recipe
stamp sets: bloomin with beauty, floral background
card/ink: always artichoke, pretty in pink, purely pomegrante, watercolor paper, grey black staz on, so saffron
accessories: aqua pen




Recipe
stamp sets: bloomin with beauty, so swirly jumbo wheel
card/ink: not quite navy, soft sky, certainly celery, chocolate chip, creamy caramel, grey, black staz on, watercolor paper
accessories: certainly celery ribbon, matt pack.

If you haven't already, order some watercolor paper, you will be pleased with the result. Have a good evening, thanks for stopping by.








2 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

Wow they look fantastic on the watercolour paper, really love the colours you've chosen too

SharonD said...

The difference is amazing Anne-Marie. I too have been a sceptic but I guess my next order is going to involve some water colour paper!

Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...