Sunday, October 5, 2008

Having a play

Hi everybody. Hope you have had a nice weekend. My husband and I got the chance to have a night away as my mother in law is staying at the moment. It is school holidays which is always a difficult time for working parents and she is here to help look after the children. It was lovely to get away and have a night out.

This afternoon I got to have a play in the craft room. At our recent regional training we were given the live your dream stamp set, so I have been quite eager to have a play with it. Here are a couple of cards I made using the set.



Recipe
stamp set: live your dream
card: wild wasabi, whisper white, chocolate chip
Ink: groovy guava, soft sky, wild wasabi
accessories: chocolate chip ribbon




recipe:
stamp set: live your dream
card: regal rose, purely pomegrante, whisper white
ink/markers: always artichoke, rose red, so saffron
accessories: punches


We also learnt some really cool fun techniques at our training, sorry I can't remember the name but it creates a really neat background, using a cellaphane bag, glossy white card stock and stampin markers. All you need to do is scribble on the cellaphane bags with the markers then lie the glossy card stock onto the cellaphane. This is the type of effect you get. Isn't it neat.



The colours I have used are certainly celery, bashful blue and barely banana. I have then stamped over the background with an image from the fun & fast notes set. I will post the completed card in a couple of weeks.

Better get off to bed now, thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

Joey said...

oooh I love what you have done with the green card at the top! beautiful!.xxx

Nikki said...

I love these cards...
I'll post my stamping directions for etched glass on our board today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...