Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kristina's color challenge no 37




Hi all. Hope you are all enjoying the holidays. I popped onto Kristina's blog today and saw that she had her challenge up. Normally I check too late. Great timing for me. What a great color combination, baja breeze, pumpkin pie, chocolate chip, old olive and whisper white. As we do not have baja breeze here in New Zealand yet I have used tempting turquoise. I made a couple of cards for the challenge.




I think this colour combination is great for children's cards so I thought I would take the opportunity to get a head start on some cards for my nephews. This was a nice a quick card to make. I stamped the lion from wild about you onto whisper white card stock using old olive, tempting turquoise and pumpkin pie ink. I then layers each with the same coloured card then onto a layer of chocolate chip onto the tempting turquoise card.

Recipe:
stamp set: wild about you
card/ink: whisper white, tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie, old olive, chocolate chip




For the second card I used an old favourite bodacious bouquet. This is such a versatile set.

First I stamped two of the flowers from bodacious bouquet onto whisper white card using tempting turquoise and pumpkin pie. Then on another piece of white card I stamped leaves in each corner using old olive. The flowers have been attached then I have layered onto pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise chocolate chip, and old olive. I have stamped a flower from simply said using whisper white ink onto chocolate chip card. Then layered onto old olive. I have used old olive ribbon.

Recipe:

stamp sets: bodacious bouquet, simply said

card/ink: whisper white, tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie, old olive, chocolate chip

accessories: old olive ribbon, pearl from pretties kit.

Thanks for stopping by to have a look




4 comments:

Lisa Green said...

lly enjoy both cards, the layering makes it classy and stunning, great job!

Rachael Knight said...

Oh my gosh Anne-Marie, how did you do that so fast!! I've been checking Kristina's site all day...

Great work! See you Saturday!

Jenny said...

hey Anne Marie- awesome cards - i love the second one - did you realise though that you haven't linked on the actual challenge site? or if you have I can't find it. Just in case you meant to and forgot. :)

kareN stampZ said...

I do love your bodacious card - love the layers & how colourful it is

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...