Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Stamping New Year

Hi Everyone

Doesn't time fly. It is already the 3rd of January. Where does the time go?. I hope you all had a lovely christmas and new year. We had a nice family christmas. My inlaws came and stayed for a few nights which was lovely. We all got spoilt and ate too much.

My children James and Caitlin got roller blades for christmas and have been having lots of fun with them. We live on a quiet culdersac so they have been able skate without worrying about traffic. We made sure they were equiped with wrist, elbow and knee guards as the last thing we wanted over the summer holidays were broken limbs. Guess what happened on New Years Day, James comes in holding his wrist. He had been on his scooter and had hit a crack on the pavement and come off. We did the rest, ice, compress and all was looking okay until last night. 9.00pm James comes out to the living room, crying his wee heart out. He had not been able to get to sleep because of his arm. To keep the story short. DH takes him to the doctor and guess who comes home at midnight with a cast on his arm. He has a suspected broken bone between his wrist and thumb. He will have to wear the cast for 2 weeks then have another xray. Poor Darling.

Not only was I spoilt at christmas with a new watch, cds, sheet sets and chocolates. I also go a new years present, which the whole family will benefit from. We have finally signed up for Broadband. Trying to blog using dial up has been a bone of contention for me for the past year. I am soo looking forward to being able to blog whenever I want to without checking if my dh is on the internet to check out my sbs23 sister's blogs without crashing. I have not been able to leave comments on my sisters blogs for a while due to dial up speed. The best thing is that we are going wireless, so both my dh and I will be able to be on the internet at the same time as that has always been a problem.

I have lots of pictures to show you but will filter them through of the next week or so. today I have a couple of gifts that I made for family to show you.

The first is what I call a gift album. I make these each year for family with photos of James and Caitlin in them. The grandparents love them.







Recipe:
stamp set: season of joy
card/ink: real red, old olive, designer series paper dashing


This is a fun little gift to make. I was hoping to post some more pictures today but due to an extremely slow dial up speed today, I will have to leave it there. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...