Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Friday

Happy Friday. Thank goodness it is the end of the week. It's been a very long one for me. It probably didn't help that I wasn't feeling the best. I must admit I am feeling much better tonight, it doesn't usually take me long to get over bugs but this one hung around, must be run down. A big hello to Jacque, Rachael, Karen and Anabel who will be enjoying a nice meal out. I will catch up with you all soon, without the bugs. Hope you guys are having a great time.


I do love to make simple elegant cards. I am really enjoying using the 6x6 designer series papers. Before I discovered Stampin' Up! I would never have thought to put patterned paper on a card, but because all the colours match so beautifully it makes sense to use it. These cards I have made were inspired by a swap card I received at convention this year from Shannon West, who works for Stampin' Up! in Utah. I used the colour coach to put my colours together. I wanted to us all four 6x6 designer series papers, this is what I came up with.





This card uses the same colours that Shanon used on her card. The base is so saffron, I have stamped the dotted flower from simply said in saffron ink. Then I have placed a layer of groovy guava onto the certainly celery 6x6 designer series paper, and used a piece of twill tape, tied in a bow and wrapped it around. I have stamped the flower and dotted circle from think happy thoughts and punched it out with 1 1/4' circle punch, then a layer of so saffron punched out the with 1 3/8'circle punch and the scallop punch in soft sky.







I have used certainly celery for a base on this card and again stamped it with the dotted flower from simply said in certainly celery ink. I have then placed a layer of barely banana onto the rose red 6x6 designer series paper and used white ribbon. The flower and dotted circle from think happy thoughts is stamped in rose red, then punched out with 1/14' circle then layered on certainly celery 1 3/8' circle then I have used cameo coral punched with the scallop punch.





The next card is very soft and subtle, I think it would be nice for a baby card with a different stamp. Again I have used the dotted flower from simply said stamped onto the bashful blue card. A layer of pretty in pink onto the almost amethyst 6x6 designer series paper and white ribbon. The flower and dotted circle from think happy thoughts is stamped in pretty in pink, then layer of certainly celery and the scallop is on so saffron.






I wanted to go for a more masculine look with this last card, on card. I have used bordering blue for the card, then a layer of old olive onto the so saffron 6x6 designer series paper and I have used quill tape but made more of a knot than a bow to keep it masculine. I have used the snail from garden whimsey, then a layer of bordering blue and the scallop in close to cocoa.


Sorry If the pictures are all of the place tonight, I was having an argument with my blog writer and I think it won.






Hope you have a nice weekend


Happy stamping and thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment I would love to know what you think.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...