Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Something Different

Happy Tuesday. I can't believe it is already Tuesday. I have had a busy week and haven't had a chance to get onto the computer. The rain has contributed to this as I always have trouble getting a connection if we have a lot of rain. Today is the first fine day we have had in about a week so a good opportunity to get on the computer.

As I said it has been a busy week and I haven't done a lot of creating either. This is where being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is so great as we are provided with so many different things to give us inspiration as its not always easy to come up with your own. In the next couple of pictures I have tried a new technique called stippling. It is a technique I have never tried before, but I really like the result.


This is a very easy technique. All you need are Stampin' Up!s amazing stampin write markers. Instead of drawing on your stamp using the markers place little dots. One this first attempt I used the brush tip. It is a little time comsuming but the result is different and effective. I wanted to try and get more definition to the dots so in this next picture I used the fine tip of the marker.


Another thing I tried was to use the markers to colour our ribbon. This next card was taken from our monthly demonstrators magazine, a really loved the colour combination and how the putting a little bit of colour on white ribbon really changed the look of it.


Supplies
stamp set: garden whimsey
card/ink: old olive, pumpkin pie, purely pomegrante, tempting turquiose, whisper white, basic black
accessories: white ribbon, markers


Here is a close up of the ribbon. I have finally figured out how to use macro on my camera, so will be able to do more close ups from now on.


Thanks so much for stopping by, have a good evening.



2 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

good on you - seeing it or should that be reading it and then doing it

Michelle said...

Great Job Anne-Marie - tell me though, how did you stop your markers from bleeding into your ribbon? I tried it a couple of times, but each time it kinda leaked into the middle part of the ribbon.
Lovely card!
Michelle (o2bstampin@hotmail.com)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...